Parent Teacher Association
The Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) of MES Asmabi College started functioning soon after the year of inception of the college with the objective of fostering virtuous relationship among the faculty, students and parents. It also acts as a liaising body with the management and government for the smooth functioning of the college. The aims and objectives of the PTA are:
- ▪ Promoting good/positive relationships between teachers, students, staff, parents/ guardians and to establish a partnership between them
- ▪ Ensure high academic standards and enables the smooth working of the college.
- ▪ Help the colleges to institute several scholarship schemes, medals, prizes etc. for the benefit of students.
- ▪ Ensure good infrastructural facilities in higher learning institutes.
- ● To promote the student's well being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and social involvement.
- ● To promote their ethical values for furthering self esteem, integrity and respect for others.
- ● To promote inclusivity and to seek inputs from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints as possible.
- ● To promote parental-institutional bonding for mutual benefit.
- ▪ Approve rules and regulations for fund collections, institution of scholarships, prizes, and awards to students etc. proposed by the Executive Committee.
- ▪ Approve annual report of the association
- ▪ Approve audited statements of accounts for the current year submitted by the Executive Committee
- ▪ Approve amendments of rules and regulations proposed by the Executive Committee
- ▪ Elect office bearers of the association for the ensuing year, in the annual meeting
- ▪ Approve the budget for the ensuing year proposed by the Executive Committee, in the annual meeting
- ▪ Put forward suggestions for the improvement of academic standards/ infrastructural facilities and to point out shortcomings, if any, in the administration of the institution / functioning of the PTA Executive etc.
- ▪ The President: the Principal or faculty in-charge of Principal of the institution
- ▪ A Vice-President: a parent (not guardian) elected from the General Body
- ▪ Secretary: a permanent teacher, elected from among the approved regular teaching staff
- ▪ Joint Secretary: a parent (not guardian) elected from the General Body
- ▪ Treasurer: a permanent teacher, elected from among the approved regular teaching staff
- ▪ Not more than 4 parents (not guardian) in the General Body out of which at least one shall be a woman, be as elected members
- ▪ Not more than 4 teachers out of which at least one shall be a woman, be as elected members
- ● Doctors Service offered by PTA twice in every month.Second and fourth Wednesdays
- ● PTA Support for health and hygiene of girls students. Sanitary Napkin Vending Mechine funded by PTA
- ● PTA support for safe drinking water for students. Water cooler funded by PTA
- ● Counseling and guidance cell supported by PTA. PTA offers counselling service every Monday
- ● Making every scholars’ prospective a reality.
The PTA has a two-tier constitution (i) General Body including all faculty members and parents or guardians and (ii) an Executive Committee of elected members from the General Body. The General Body of the PTA meets annually and the Executive Committee members meet periodically to transact business. The association of the guardians will elect an executive committee at the general body of the parents. This committee will help the institution in promoting and implementing many of the welfare schemes of the college and in maintaining proper atmosphere in the college.
The powers and responsibilities vested on the General Body are:
The administrative power of the PTA is vested on the Executive Committee with the following constitution:
Under the patronage of the PTA, a large number of developmental programmes have been taken up for the benefit of students and other stake-holders of the college. During these years, the support of PTA has been extended for curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities in the form of merit cum means scholarships, honouring Ph.D. awarded teachers, financial assistance for conducting induction and orientation programmes, seminars, workshops, women empowerment programmes, field trips, Arts and Sports activities and also for infrastructural developments like construction of examination hall, library extension, college bus service etc. PTA has been extended various students’ support programmes like providing financial aid for construction of houses, providing laptops, mobile phones etc. for economically backward sections of the community.
Parent Teacher Association
All teachers of college and guardians of the students of the institution are members of the PTA. The main objective is to promote a cordial relationship and close interaction among teachers, students and their guardians.
The orientation for the first year
The orientation for the first year UG & PG students along with their parents held on 12-09-2022 at 9.30 am. Our principal inaugurated the programme and delivered a talk. presides over the function. Admission Nodal Officer delivered the welcome speech. gives vote of thanks.